This Website is being managed by Conversation Starter, Lange Klarenstraat 19 / Coworking 1, 2000 Antwerp, Belgium (“Conversation Starter”, the “Company”, “we” or “us”).
+32 2 588 23 49
Lange Klarenstraat 19 / Coworking 1
Furthermore, “Personally Identifiable Information” or “Personal Data” shall be considered as information that is personally identifiable and obtained in connection with providing the Service to you. It may include information such as name, address, phone number, company name, transaction information related to your purchase of the Service, credit or debit card number, expiration date and verification number.
1. Information we collect
We may collect several types of Personal Data from the Users of our Products, and store it on your mobile device and our server such as:
- Contact information (e.g. your name, postal address, e-mail address, and mobile or other telephone number);
- Information you give us via the Service or forms on our Website;
- Information you send us via any medium, including, but not limited to, texts, mail, telephone, and social media interaction;
- The profile data provided by you on your account;
- Any User Content;
- Information about your device, such as its model, unique device identifier and operating system version;
- Web behavior information such as information related to how the Users use the Service (e.g. browser type, domains, page views) collected through cookies and other automated technology.
Our Website may send a “cookie” to your device. A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies allow us to recognize you as a user when you return to the Website using the same computer and web browser. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time and to tailor our Website to your interests and needs. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. Cookies may also be used to help speed up your future activities and experience on our Website. To further optimize the use of our Website, we may allow authorized third parties to place cookies on your browser. We do not store unencrypted personally identifiable information in the cookies.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, this may break some or all functionality of our Website. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about how to adjust or modify your browser settings.
3. Purpose of the processing of your Personal Data
- We use your Personal Data to perform the Service requested;
- We may also use this information for purposes of direct marketing. For example, we may contact you to further discuss your interest in Conversation Starter, as well as for promotions or other events.
4. Links to Other Websites
Our Website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the actions, practices, or content of such websites linked to or from our Website. You understand that such websites may have their own legal documents, including their own privacy policies, to which you must agree to prior to using and that we have no control over these legal documents. As always, you understand that it is your responsibility to verify your legal use of a website as well as use of information from the website with the corresponding website owner.
5. Disclosure of your Personal Data to third parties
- We may share your Personal Data with our service providers so they can provide services on our behalf;
- We reserve the right to use or disclose your Personal Data if required by law or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process;
- We may publish the information intended to be made public by you while using the Service. In particular we may post a list of users and testimonials on the Website that contain information such as names and titles.
Furthermore, you agree:
- We may share your Personal Data with the relevant organizer of the events you are attending and their partners for their promotional purposes;
- We may share your Personal Data with other users of the Service, including organizers of other events, including for their promotional purposes;
- We may share your personal Data to other third parties in view of promotional purposes.
You may withdraw at any time your consent to share your Personal Data. However, you accept that the Company is not responsible for the acts of third parties that have received your Personal Data from the Company with your consent.
6. Email Policy
You can always opt out of receiving email correspondence from us for direct marketing purposes by clicking the unsubscribe link in email newsletters. You can always opt out of receiving email notifications by following the instructions in the received e-mail.
7. Transfer of Ownership
Conversation Starter takes all appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the confidentiality and security of your Personal Data including sensitive personal information. These efforts include, but are not necessarily limited to: (i) storing your personal information in secure operating environments that are not available to the public and that are only accessible to authorized Conversation Starter employees, and our agents and contractors; and, (ii) verifying the identities of registered Website users before they can access the personal information we maintain about them.
In the event of and following discovery or notification of a breach of the security of the Personal Data, or access by an unauthorized person, the Company will notify you if the breach is likely to affect your privacy.
9. Your Rights
Right to object to data processing – You may withdraw at any time your consent to the processing of your Personal Data by the Company for direct marketing purposes.
10. How long do we keep your information?
We may store the personal information that you send to us via our Website en the Service in our databases. Your Personal Data will be kept by Conversation Starter only for as long as it is reasonably necessary taking into consideration our need to answer queries or resolve problems, provide improved and new services and comply with legal requirements under applicable law(s). This means that we may retain your Personal Data for a reasonable period after you stop using the services provided by Conversation Starter or stop using our Website. After this period, your personal information will be deleted from all systems within Conversation Starter. We remind you that you have a right to have your personal information deleted at any time.